Rosecrance is pleased to offer webinars featuring our licensed, experienced, and compassionate professionals.
Cannabis in the Workplace
Wednesday, June 17, 2020 | 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM
Hosted by the Illinois Chamber of Commerce, this webinar will provide support and address legal cannabis as it pertains to employment and workers compensation concerns. It will also provide an overview of legal considerations, recognizing signs and symptoms and navigating the conversation, as detailed below:
Part One: Legal Considerations
- Illinois marijuana law: The facts
- Legal cannabis as it pertains to employment and workers compensation concerns.
- Federal and Statutory considerations for commercial/recreational and medical standards.
- Employer guidance for drug testing and policy.
Part Two: Recognizing Signs and Symptoms and Navigating the Conversation
- What is a substance use disorder?
- Physical effects and warning signs of marijuana use/abuse
- Marijuana and mental health
- Recognizing the workplace warning signs
- Best practices for interactions
Continuing Education Offered: 1.50 HRCI credit for approval, 1.50 SHRM credit for approval, 1.50 CLE credit per attendee request prior to event, 1.50 HR & Management/Supervision Compliance Credits, and 1.50 Workers’ Comp/Safety Compliance Credits.
About the presenters
Mary Egan, MA, CADC
Director of Outreach, Rosecrance
Mary Egan, Director of Outreach for Rosecrance, manages the assessment and outreach efforts in the Rosecrance Chicagoland offices. Mary joined Rosecrance in 2008 as Community Relations Coordinator responsible for relationship building and business development in the southern Chicagoland region and Northwest Indiana. She speaks to professionals and parents on the topics of drug trends, parental influence and adolescent addiction.
With over 35 years’ experience working in the substance abuse field, Mary is committed to helping teens, adults and families access resources for a healthy life. Her previous work experience includes working as Student Assistance Program Coordinator for a suburban high school for 18 years where she developed the school’s Student Assistance Program; counseled students, parents and staff on youth substance issues; and provided training and educational programs for the school and community on substance abuse and related issues. In addition, she also worked at two community agencies providing education, training and support to youth and professionals on substance use issues.
Mary holds a Master of Arts Degree from the University of Illinois at Springfield, a BS degree in Alcohol Education and a BA degree in Psychology from Quincy University and is a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor. Mary is a board member of the Serenity Academy sober high school and currently holds the position of Secretary. She has received several recognition awards including the Award for Community Excellence from the Oak Lawn Community Partnership, the Partnership Award for Excellence from the Partnership for a Safe and Drug Free Community and the Illinois P.T.A. Distinguished Service Scroll.
James F. Egan, JD
Partner at Keefe, Campbell, and Biery and Associates
- Admitted to Illinois Bar, 1988
- Admitted to Wisconsin Bar, 2008
- John Marshall Law School (J.D. 1988);
- University of Illinois, Chicago, (B.A.1979)
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Association
- Thirty year practitioner with extensive civil practice throughout the State of Illinois.
- Formerly managing partner of James F. Egan and Associates, Ltd. was recruited to merge his practice with
Keefe & Associates as of January 1, 2004
Presenter and Lecturer/Participant:
- Has lectured frequently on the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Act, as well as on avoiding wrongful discharge
liability, including the Illinois Chamber of Commerce Workers’ Compensation Seminar, May 16, 2006
- Professional Education Systems Institute (P.E.S.I.), Workers’ Compensation Law in Illinois, August 2005
- Kishwaukee Community Hospital Workers’ Compensation Update 2006 & 2007
- SIMPA Conference on March 30, 2007
- 2012-2018—frequent presenter for the Illinois Chamber of Commerce on Workers’ Compensation Practice, Self-Insured, Business Ethics.
- 2017-2019—Panelist at Southern Illinois Workers’ Compensation Symposium
In the Eye of the Crisis
Thursday, June 18, 2020 | 12:00 PM – 1:15 PM
Hosted by McHenry Chamber, this webinar will provide support around how to help recognize when you or someone you know might be struggling to manage stress in the eye of the crisis. It will provide an overview of responses to heightened awareness, increased anxiety and stress, depression, grief/loss and loneliness. This training will equip people with the tools and resources to appropriately and healthily manage stress during these new life circumstances. It will highlight the importance of mental health in the midst of a pandemic, led by experts in behavioral health services. The audience will gain an understanding of how to recognize stressors and coping techniques that can make all the difference. Learn self-care tips and tricks, and how to best support others during a time of uncertainty.
Sheila Senn, PsyD, LCPC
Rosecrance Inc. Regional Director
Senn has more than 25 years of experience and progressive leadership. She served in various leadership positions with Centegra Health Systems for decades. Most recently, she held the position of Chief Clinical and Administrative Officer of Community First Medical Center. Senn has worked as a Mental Health Counselor, Crisis Worker, Intake and private practice. She holds a Doctorate of Clinical Psychology and is a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor.