At 7 p.m. Thursday, July 11, Rev. James E. Swarthout, Rosecrance Community Relations Coordinator, will host “A Path to Wholeness: Ordinary Addictions, Exceptional Recovery” in the Parish Hall of St. Mary Episcopal Church, 210 McHenry Ave., Crystal Lake, IL. The goal of this free workshop is to help attendees learn new ways to work with people struggling with mental health issues and/or substance abuse and their families.
Workshop participants will learn:
- How a family system struggles with mental health issues and/or co-occurring addictions
- How to engage the addict with the “Conspiracy of Compassion”
- How behavioral health issues have an impact on emotions of family members
- How to understand the biological, psychological and spiritual issues of mental health
- The best opportunities for future recovery
Rev. Swarthout brings a freshness of insight to his more than 30 years as a parish priest, along with experience in the addiction and mental health field aligned with a sense of humor that opens the pathway to lifelong recovery. These are addictive times. Let’s explore how to be “radically sober” – living usefully in grace and compassion.
To contact Rev. Swarthout for a presentation or information about Rosecrance Health Network, call 815.708.1235 or email email@example.com.