Michael A. Kuna, M.D., a psychiatrist at the Rosecrance Ware Center as well as having his own practice, has received the 2015 National NAMI Exemplary Psychiatrist Award. Here is what NAMI wrote about Dr. Kuna in their monthly newsletter:
NAMI’s annual Exemplary Psychiatrists Awards honor doctors who go “an extra mile” in their commitment to providing excellent mental health care. They are working tirelessly to reduce the stigma that has traditionally surrounded mental illness and working closely with NAMI members in their communities to raise awareness and advocate for improvements in mental health care.
We are pleased to announce Michael A. Kuna, MD. was selected by NAMI National for the NAMI Exemplary Psychiatrist Award for 2015. Dr. Kuna has given of his time over the years to serve individuals in the Community Mental Health Setting with serious mental illness, as he believes these individuals benefit from his expertise.
Know this and that about Dr. Kuna.
- He is Illinois Board Certified in both Psychiatry and Addictionology. He is able to provide care for the total person.
- Along with having is own practice in the Chicago suburbs, Dr. Kuna is working for Rosecrance Ware Community Mental Health Center here in Rockford.
- “Dr Kuna is the one stop as he integrates mental health and substance abuse and also ensures the client is linked with services to support their physical health.”
- Dr. Kuna also welcomes family members to his sessions as he knows the importance of the family support in the recovery process.
- When Winnebago County was creating the mental health courts, Dr Kuna was willing to take time to educate judges on diagnosis and medications.
Congratulations Dr. Kuna!